02 June 2011

As much as I'd hate it, sometimes you just need a hug!


I consider myself a pretty smart person & by smart I mean I know what things mean - a lot of things. I'm generally not a person who needs to look up definitions or ask people to explain what they mean when they use a particularly big word, and such. However, I love dictionary.com. And just the dictionary in general, but dictionary.com has an app & whether it's on my iPhone or my iPad or my computer, I use this app on a daily basis because I am fascinated with definitions of words & dictionary.com offers many different definitions of each word and most of the time, other information about the word.

Now for the part regarding the photo, the definition of the word hug.


For those who know me really well know that I'm not an affectionate person, for the most part anyways. My sister, Felicia, can attest to this fact. When I see her, she always tries to give me a hug - and she usually succeeds, but not without a bit of a fight, or me running off or trying to get away. I am also not a person who is going to ask for a hug, usually. There are times when I would, but for the most part I won't - it's just the way I am.

Now with this particular word, I like the definition it gives for it as a noun. See picture, it's definition #5.

As much as I'd hate it & you know that's true, sometimes you just need a hug!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: