07 June 2011

Worn

People tell me all the time that I'm always so busy, hard to get a hold of & never available to spend time with them... and that's true, but it's for a good cause. I promise.

Trust me, I would kill for some free time right now. I would kill for some time to myself & just an evening to sit & not have to worry about anybody else or do anything else. I would kill for an evening just to watch television for hours an not do a darn thing. I would kill for an evening where cell phones didn't exist, and I know, I can just turn mine off, right? - Wrong. With the jobs I hold, I need to be available all the time.

I would kill for all these things, if only for a minute or two, because right now I am worn out. Worn thin.

Much like the bottom of all of my jeans (because I am short & can never find any that fit the right length), I am just worn.



Post grad life has been fantastic, but goodness I'm tired! I've always been a hard worker & always worked very hard at any job I've taken, but my internship is killing me. It's not so much just my internship though. I just have a lot on my plate right now & may have taken on to much at a time for this summer, but there's no turning back now.

However, I am enjoying my internship, really, really a lot, but I am usually completely exhausted after days at my internship.

For example, here's a day in the life of Kira, that is, when I go to my internship.

5:30 a.m. Annoying alarm goes off (and usually it's after going to bed between midnight & 2 a.m.). I push snooze.

5:39 a.m. Annoying alarm goes off again. I push snooze. - This usually happens till at least 6:00a.m. or 6:15a.m.

6:15 a.m. I get up in a panic, quickly get myself ready & semi presentable.

6:45 a.m. I'm out the door to catch the bus at UVU at 7:01 a.m. Sometimes I cut it close.

8:18 a.m. Bus arrives at KSL.com. I don't have to be there till 9:00 a.m., but because I get there early I will either go in early or walk over to Starbucks & grab some breakfast & then just chill till 9:00.

From 9ish to 1:00/2:00 p.m. I am writing usually between one & two articles & this includes doing research for the content & listening to interviews or recordings from games or radio/tv interviews. And usually in this time I've hit the free fountain drink machine (which is on my floor) four times for about 12 oz. of Diet Coke, each time.

I take an hour lunch around 1:00 or 2:00.

Then it's back to work.

Between lunch & end of the day, 6:00 p.m., I usually write one more article and then work on my long term articles. And of course hit the fountain drink machine for some more DC.

5:50-6:00 p.m. I run to catch the bus, otherwise I'm stuck in SLC till 8ish & wouldn't get home till 9:30ish.

6:08 p.m. Bus pulls away.

7:18 p.m. Bus arrives at UVU.

From there, usually, as in always, I have something planned or something I need to do that takes up the rest of my evening.

Bed usually comes between midnight & 2 a.m.

So alas, my life is crazy, but I'm enjoying my internship nonetheless.

But I am worn.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: