25 June 2011

Did you know?

Some of you may not know that I am a twin. It's true, I am.

Growing up we were very close, all the way through high school. Following high school, we went different directions, she went to college & I did not. While in college, she met a guy, and eventually married him & moved away to Nevada.

Just a couple days ago, I had a chance to see my twin again after probably four years. It was fantastic! Catching up with her was so great! She has a little girl now who is two. This was the first time I met her little girl & she's just so adorable!

Ok, I can see the confused look on all of your faces at this point. You're thinking, "I had no idea Kira was a twin!". Well, surprise!!

Ok, ok. This person & I are not paternal twins, but are twins nonetheless. This person was my first friend, ever. We grew up together, lived just blocks from each other all growing up & have been confused as twins since the day we met. Really, even to this day people mix us up. All through our childhood we got asked if we were twins and in high school our fellow classmates still confused us for the other.

I loved seeing her this week. We laughed, reminisced about so many childhood memories, both good and bad, the trouble we caused and got in to, and just had a good couple hours together.

It was a great day.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: