05 June 2011

Selfish?

I love movies. Like a lot. And I'll admit that most of my favorites are chick flicks and those lameo romance movies. I know, I know... most of the time they are completely ridiculous, but those same ones are the ones that are completely awesome. I do have some reasons to this twisted thinking and if you promise to not judge me on them, I'll tell you. Promise? Ok, good. Now don't forget that you promised. For real though, I'm serious.

First, I love a happy love story. Boy meets girl, sparks fly, there's lots of lovin' and they live happily ever after. Remember, no judging - you promised.

Second, it just seems so perfect! These people, in the movies, are made for each other. Time stops when they meet. The place that they meet is always perfect, always. Everything just seems so perfect.

Third, what is said and done between these two people is always so right. So correct. So not awkward. They can talk about stuff that normal people, like us who aren't in movies, can't do. They can have adult conversations & say things like, "Hey I kind of like you. Let's see if this will go anywhere." They don't have to play the silly dating game. It's like they just bypass that part all together. Everything just seems so right.

Lastly, this right here, this whole idea, this is pretty much all I want. I want to be as happy as the couples in these movies. I want a life that is full of great moments with a soulmate. A life that is full of amazingly romantic moments. A life that seems perfect and it only seems perfect because you're with the person you're suppose to be with. You're with the person that would be your soulmate if you were in a chick flick or lameo romance movie.

Is this selfish? I don't think so, because it really is all I want. Really.

But then again, it doesn't happen when we want it most. So I guess right now it is selfish.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Kaylee Baldwin said...

So not selfish to want that Kira!! This is why I love writing romance. I love the journey, the happy ending, the snappy things my characters say that I would NEVER think of to actually say in real life. Now I'm in the mood to go watch a good chick flick. :)