26 May 2011

The bus

So if you hadn't gathered it yet, my internship with KSL.com is in Salt Lake City. I have to be there two days a week & originally, when I began a few weeks ago, I was there from 10 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (primarily because the sports guys generally don't come in till late morning because they work evenings), but I was having to drive because the bus, which I had planned on taking didn't work really well with those hours.

So I have just been driving. Bad idea. There went my savings in just a few weeks thanks to fuel prices.

I was starting to get worried about it so I spoke to my internship supervisor and requested to do 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. so I could take the morning and early evening express bus. Otherwise if I would have remained on the 10-7 hours and rode the bus, my time on the bus each day would be close to 5 hours. Yes, I said 5 hours. Are you freaking kidding me?!! However, if I can catch the express bus both ways, it cuts my time to under half that - which really isn't bad & not that much more then I was spending driving each day.

My internship supervisor was completely ok with the new plan & was very understanding. So I am now a bus girl & I get to ride the bus with Andrea one day a week, which will rock. I'm sure we'll have plenty of funny bus experiences over the next two & half months. Right, Andrea?

By the way, the bus smells. I know you were wondering.



Me waiting to board the bus to come home tonight.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad & I was on the bus when I posted it cause they have wifi!

1 comment:

Celeste said...

As a bus veteran, I can tell you that you get used to it. The smell and the weirdos.
Good luck!