17 November 2008

Looking forward to...

PUMPKIN PIE!!! My lovely Grandma was an amazing cook and passed down her skill to my amazing mother. One of the best recipes that we have from my Grandma is her famous "award winning" pumpkin pie. Yes I said award winning... it has won awards... that's how amazing it actually is! If only you were so lucky to taste how award winning it is... I like to call it "celestial kingdom" food.

Only 10 days and counting... :)


Real Mashed Potatoes & Home Made Gravy (none of that fake stuff)

Although I love the fabulous potato flakes from the church cannery, I love mashed potatoes made from the potatoes themselves even more. Also, the gravy made from the turkey drippings!



Potato Salad
My amazing Grandma also passed down the most delectable recipe for potato salad also... and although it took my mom a few years to perfect it (says my Dad) she did, and it is just awesome!


And of coarse last but not least TURKEY!! Turkey is good... not my favorite, but it is a must at least once a year. My favorite part about turkey is that something always seems to go wrong... it takes to long to cook... the little red thing doesn't work, so it doesn't pop up when it's done, etc... you all know what I mean. :)

*Images courtesy of Google images*

2 comments:

Kim said...

I too look forward to yummy food at Thanksgiving! Unfortunately this year Scott and I will be packing and clening carpets on Thanksgiving, but now worries I am sure there will still be planty of leftovers when we get there a few days later..... :-) Enjoy your Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

Yummy!!! This made me sooooooo hungry! I can't wait either. Oh man I wish it was time to eat all that right now HAHA