10 August 2011

I don't believe in it.

Not one bit. 'It' being a coincidence. I believe that things happen for a reason, that fate is real, that karma is very real & that it's a bitch. For this post however, the focus is on that things happen for a reason. Not only big life events, experiences, and life altering moments, but even the little things, the SMALLEST little things that seem irrelevant to most mean something to me, every time.

I often see this in music. Music to me is very important, not only because it can lift you up, but because it can help you through a tough moment, time or even spark a thought in your mind, give you an answer you've been seeking for, waiting for. Music has helped me with so many things and really is important to me. I am a person who buys those cheesy songs from those cheesy movies because in that moment, the song helped me, and stuck with me.

As important as music is to me, it has caused some problems. There are still songs I can't listen to, the ones that remind me of that one person who hurt me so deeply, the ones that remind me of that one friend I lost, the ones that remind me of terrible moments in my life, very difficult moments, etc. Although I have removed those songs from my iPod, I cannot remove them from the radio and they get me every time.

But it's not vey often. More often a song helps me, touches me, and gets me thinking. And that happened this morning on my drive to work.

I had my iPhone plugged into my stereo & on shuffle. I had skipped a few songs in a row because I just wasn't feeling them. Then it happened. A familiar song, a song I hadn't heard for quite some time, began. The window was down, the wind was blowing in my cute up-doed hairstyle I had taken the time to do today & I loved the moment that was happening. She began singing & I knew the voice like the back of my hand.

This helped me this morning. Maybe it will help you too.

Just play on!





Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Kaylee Baldwin said...

Music can take me back to anything in a second. If fact, when I;m writing a book, there's usually a song that goes with the book that I listen to in order to help me get in the mood of the song. The last book I finished was Jimmie Eat World's "Hear you me" I've probably listened to it 500 times and I still love it.