04 January 2010

My 2009 and those 2010 New Years Resolution Things...

2009 was an interesting year for me. It started out a pretty rough year for me, but became really quite an excellent year for me. The end of 2008 was a hard time for me, so that ran over into 2009, but during 2009 I entered into the second semester of being a part of the UVU Review. This program has changed my life. I have Parker Donat to thank for getting me involved with the UVU Review. I met him during the fall of 2008 in a couple of communication classes & he urged me to start writing for the paper. Thanks Park!! From the fall of 2008 to today I have gone from just a silly writer goofing around, to the Assistant Sports Editor. This last year with the Review has been the best year yet, being able to get more involved with UVU athletics & getting to know the athletes & coaches more has be so much fun!! I can never say this enough but I love the UVU Review & hope that 2010 with them will just get even better!

This last year I was able to accomplish three of the greatest achievements of my life thus far:

Most of you know that I am a big runner & I have a boss that is a even bigger runner. For the last four & a half years that I have worked for him he has urged me to take on marathoning. For years I have enjoyed short races such as 5 and 10k's (3 & 6 milers), but this year I took my boss' advice & entered a half & full marathon. The half was amazing! By far the greatest running experience I have had thus far & will run it again this year. The full marathon was interesting... devastating... and a wonderful experience all at the same time. Training 20 miles only to get injured during the marathon was completely devastating, but having my family there for me was really amazing. I was able to go through the temple this year and become endowed. It was amazing & has changed my life. My family & closest friends were with me & I was very grateful for that.

New Years resolutions to me are kind of ridiculous because I believe that you don't need to wait till a new year to make resolutions, which are just goals... you can make goals any time of the year & accomplish them just the same. But it never fails, people always ask me what mine are so here they are. Most of these are things that I have set over the last six months & will continue to set more this year.

Run two half marathons this year: Hobble Creek again & probably SLC
Register for the St. George Marathon again & if I get in, run the hell out of it!
Do a session in all of the Utah temples
Make it back to Mesa
Become the Sports Editor for the UVU Review
Save enough money to lease a condo after I graduate
Count my blessings every day!
Touch millions with the written word

Happy 2010! BRING IT ON!!

3 comments:

Kaylee Baldwin said...

Sounds like great resolutions! Good job on the marathon, you are my hero, girl. I could probably make it 1/2 a mile before I fell over, dead.

The Jones Fam. said...

I love reading your blog. I don't get to see you that often and I feel like you are talking to me when I do read!!! You are an insperation to me, really!! You need to stop by when you aren't being so busy!! The new little angel at our house needs to meet you!! The boys would love to see you too.

Jessie said...

I'm leaving you a little blog award tomorrow :)