18 September 2008

Well I finally did it... after being told countless times by many people that I should join the blogging world I finally did. I have always enjoyed reading my families and friends blogs and have thought about it a lot, but just didn't have the drive to do it for some reason. Actually I'm not really sure why i finally did... but it happened.

Well I am currently a student at Utah's newest University, UVU. I have been a st
udent there for 4 years now... but don't get to excited... I'm still a year and a half away from graduation. Word of the wise... don't change your major four times and you will graduate in a normal time. I am a communications major with emphasis on Journalism. My dream career would be to be a sports writer for the Boston Red Sox. GO SOX!!! Yes I know its up there, but I will start low and work towards it, and yes I am a huge Red Sox fan!!

I absolutely love to write... minus papers, essays, etc. Basically I love to start from a blank document and build a news story. Along with writing I love to read and watch news as it is happening. Currently I read 3 newspapers a day: The NY Times, USA Today, and Deseret News. I read these three papers for classes I am taking right now, although I have always enjoyed reading The NY Times and doing the impossible Times crossword... I am getting better though. :) This is basically me in a nutshell.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Welcome......This is a great way to keep in touch with family and friends. That is great that you are just about finished with school, must make you feel great!! I like that picture of you and Addison.

Nate and Kim said...

Wahoo Kira! I am so proud of you!! It can take a lot of time, but its so fun!! Doesn't Addi make life so much better? LOVE HER!!!

Phil and Shan said...

Welcome to the blogging world. Phil will be very proud that you are a fellow Red Sox fan. Our goal is to go and see a game at Fenway park next year. I hope we can do it.